Sunday, November 13, 2022

Trip to France - Day 11

On the second Monday of our holiday Lee, my mum, Alison and I went back to Mirepoix to go to the market again. My mum and Alison wanted to look at the non food stalls, and Lee and I didn't mind at all. We went quite early and had a coffee and a crepe for breakfast! It was my mum's idea but the rest of us didn't really mind. 

We all bought souvenirs. I'll show you mine in a later post. We also found a Syrian food truck, which hadn't been there the previous week otherwise I would have  bought some delicious stuff! The owner gave us a falafel to try and it was honestly the best falafel I've ever had, so I bought some of those and also some labneh. I also bought a crustless vegan courgette 'quiche' type of thing from a vegan stall, which was exciting! I bought some rocks from a rock stall (semi precious stones, I mean, of which I have many), and my mum and I bought a tablecloth each. French tablecloths are always so nice and in such gorgeous patterns! 

In the afternoon we again went swimming. It was warm but not overly sunny, and throughout the holiday even though it was warm it didn't feel TOO warm because there was a breeze throughout. I guess because we were near the mountains? I was sad because it was our penultimate day on holiday, but we had had such a nice time. 

After a shower I put on my Star Wars t-shirt and this lovely skirt from Joe Brown's which I've had for ages but rarely wear. It's got a navy blue lining and then this floral overlay, and then (I'm not sure if it's obvious in the photo) little clips that bring the top layer up to expose the bottom one. I think it's really cute and should really wear this more! 

I was wearing my heart shaped sunglasses on this day, and Lee stole them at teatime and then Alison did too so I had to take photos. Too cute! We also had a stray cat visit us again so we fed them. 



Cafe au lait with breakfast in Mirepoix


The crustless quiche thing I bought... I sure did eat a lot of courgettes that holiday!


In the pool in the afternoon in my heart shaped sunglasses


You can see it wasn't overly sunny. I wish it had been!


Fresh falafel, absolutely gorgeous


Lee in my sunglasses


Alison in my sunglasses


Star Wars t shirt and skirt


And finally the little cat

No comments:

Post a Comment