Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Trip to Blackpool - Day 1

For Lee's 40th in August I bought him a spa evening at Ribby Hall, near Blackpool, and three nights away in an Airbnb nearby too. It was booked for early October so we set off on Thursday afternoon. We took the cats to stay with my mum, which they love. Traffic wasn't too bad getting over there and we were soon in the Airbnb, which was in the middle of nowhere and which was a converted barn in the owner's garden. It was so fancy inside - it had loads of gadgets in the kitchen, a huge bath, and a cosy lounge upstairs. I would have laid it out differently if it had been mine, but there we are!

Because I knew there was a huge bath I had gone prepared, taking some bath bombs with me. So just as it was getting dark I got in the bath, using a Body Shop Wild Pine bath bomb (it's one of the Christmas scents). It was lovely, really hot and deep bath. When I got out, Lee got in. I got dried in the bedroom upstairs and got into my pyjamas. We had taken pies each (mine was spiced chickpea from Tesco, so nice and vegan) and waffle fries to eat. There wasn't an oven though, just one of those convection ovens. Lee googled to work out how to use it, and it all turned out well! 

We watched a film in the living room upstairs. I took some photos of the interior of the place on both Thursday and on Sunday morning as we left, so I'll post them all here. 


The outside - in the summer I'm sure it would be really nice to open all those doors fully


I was wearing my Pits and Perverts LGSM t-shirt and a Scarlett and Jo skirt that used to be a dress - really comfy! My tights are new from Better Tights and are just plain black but sadly I can't recommend them. The fabric was really stiff and scratchy - I didn't like them at all. I may not wear them again!


The bedroom. Because of the low slope of the ceiling the bed was really low to the ground so I found it a bit challenging - I had to roll off on to my knees and then get up from there!


The lounge upstairs


Bath bomb!


I took a cute photo of my feet in the bath. I don't often love a bath but when I've got time to just relax I like them


My dressing gown came from Simply Be a few years ago, my mum bought me it for Christmas


Tea


This diver's helmet was in the corner of the lounge


And this was downstairs - personally I've had made this into the lounge, but the layout worked for us

No comments:

Post a Comment