Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Trip to France - Day 7

On the Thursday of our holiday we had a late breakfast. I think Alison and Derek had been to pick up breakfast, and got this chocolate thing for me which was just hilariously big. I didn't eat it all, I left half of it for the next day! 

My mum and stepdad went out for a drive and my godfather stayed in the house, so Lee, my godmother and I were outside in the pool by ourselves for most of the afternoon. It was when the Queen was clearly dying, so we were talking about the news and about the Royal Family. I'm by no means a royalist and my godmother is, but we had a very respectful conversation all the same, which is good. 

I was wearing a different costume this time. I loved this red cossie from Crazy Clearance, it's got a wrap over effect on the stomach with a buckle on the left hand side which you can just about see in the photo of me not in the water. I also liked the three strap effect, but when I first put the costume on, the middle strap of each side came unfixed! I was so annoyed! I contacted them and got some money off the purchase which was good. I also put these shorts on - I bought them for our cruise in 2018 and wore them a couple of times then. They feel comfy on and kept the sun off me a little bit. 

In the evening I put on this patterned Yours dress which I bought and wore for my cousin's wedding back in June. It was nice in the evening as it dropped a bit colder.

And the Queen actually died! It seemed like the writing was on the wall once the BBC were reporting everyone was heading up to Balmoral, but it was still a bit of a shock when she actually died. It was very strange in the days after to not be in the UK but observing it from outside. 



Ridiculously huge pastry - I saved half


The pool again looking stunning. I do love having a private pool on holiday


Red costume and Yours shorts


Red costume in the pool


And later, my lovely patterned dress

No comments:

Post a Comment