Friday, November 4, 2022

Trip to France - Day 2

Lee and I had to leave our Airbnb by 10am on the Saturday morning, but my godparents wouldn't be picked us up until nearly 3pm as they were leaving their home in Charente at 9ish. My mum and stepdad left there then, too, but they went straight to the gite where we were all staying. Lee had asked if we could stay in the apartment longer, but we didn't get a reply, so we left at 10. We ate breakfast - pastry, juice, and coffee - on Place Carnot. It was very warm but quite overcast, but it got sunnier as the day wore on.

I really wish I had googled Sephora, because there was one just a few streets north of where we were. We would definitely have had time to go there! But I didn't think until later! So we set off south, looking at some shops and then we found a huge market, where I bought a nice little piece of garnet. All the markets I saw had rock stalls, which I very much appreciated as I love a semi precious gemstone! It was really hot so we sat for a little bit near the church. We headed back to Place Carnot for some lunch because I had seen that there were a few veggie options. I had a really nice cheese poke bowl, Lee had a chicken one. 

We went in some more shops after lunch but eventually just sat near the church on Place General de Gaulle waiting for Alison and Derek. It was hot and we were both so tired! They drove past us once (not their fault) but we eventually got in the car and thankfully to airconditioning! We got on to the motorway and were then on our way to Mirepoix! We got there around 4pm and got unpacked. The house had a bit of a strange set up - from the drive there was a steps up to the terrace and into the house, where there was a kitchen, an open plan living/dining area, two bedrooms, and a bathroom. From the terrace the steps you can see in the last photo went down to the garden, where the pool was. Then under the house were two more bedrooms and a bathroom, with their own entrance. Lee and I slept down there and it was fine - each room had windows and it was much cooler down there which was good. It was a nice house and we didn't mind having to go round and up the steps to get into the house! 


This was the place we stayed in in Carcassonne itself, on the second floor. It was cute!


The fountain in the middle of the square


Selfie showing off the sunglasses I had bought a few weeks before. I took contact lenses for every day of the holiday so I could wear my sunglasses, and it worked out well


Breakfast


These gates kept the centre car free


Typical French street


And another one


I loved this doorway and balcony, so fancy


One of the city wall entrances. The market was here


I loved this chic bicycle too 


Poke bowl for lunch! I'm not sure why the lunch offerings for vegetarians were better than the dinner ones, but there we go


And finally here's the pool in the gite, at 7.30 that evening just before we put our feet in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment