Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Souvenirs from France

I brought back a few things from France so here's just a quick post about them. I also got a tablecloth which is black and white with elephants on it, and a bowl made out of a coconut shell, which I've no idea what I'm going to do with yet! Oh well, I'm sure I'll find something. 


I really like tacky magnets, which I put on our fridge, so we bought a Carcassonne one and a Mirepoix one, along with postcards from each place too. I like these kinds of things as memories!


I have a really tacky fan from Florence, which my mother bought me when we were on our cruise, so I wanted a Carcassonne one too, but we couldn't find one in the whole city. I liked this wooden one, though, instead.

I always buy soap in France because it's always so nice, in interesting scents, and isn't drying at all. I bought the one top right at Mirepoix market - it's made with goats milk and smells of rosemary and thyme, I think. The other three came from a gorgeous shop in Carcassonne, the scents are Oud, Peach, and Apple Blossom


My mum bought me this bag with cats on at Mirepoix market - she bought herself one too. I've been using it as a bag to take to craft club. Isn't it so cute?

The burner was also from Mirepoix market, I bought it myself for eight euros. I now have three wax burners and I rotate them often!


A lot of the stalls in the markets were selling semi precious gemstones - I bought the piece of garnet (middle right) in Carcassonne on our first day. The other bits were from Mirepoix market - the bottom left is lapis lazuli, the tree of life is a rainbow of small stones, and the bracelet is fluorite (my favourite stone!). I'm not sure what the sparkly blue stone is, but I liked it


No comments:

Post a Comment